Tuesday 5 March 2013

Honestly proud

This past weekend, a big stroke of luck came my way.  As I was dwelling among the different designs at Design Indaba Expo in Cape Town, I stumbled upon the Honest Artisan Chocolate stall.  Overwhelmed by all the chocolate flavours and try outs on the counter, the wrapped chocolates stood beside me and practically jumped of the shelf.

As I stood there in awe and trying to decide which one to buy, the kind lady kept telling me to try out the 100% organic dark cacao chocolate.  And that was when I saw it, the limited editon wrapper around it! Only a few wrappers in the whole world, and I had one of them in my hand!

The wrapper was so popular, it was even used later on as the cover of the Design Times, a newspaper on graphic design and illustration.  I just had to buy it!  Honest Chocolate provided blank wrappers, and buyers could design and draw their own unique wrapper for the chocolate of their choice. Of course Shelf Life had to be on one of the wrappers! Along with my limited edition chocolate, I got a Design Times newspaper, and a tote bag with a awesome illustration on it. I am one proud owner. 


I've inserted images from my adventure, and also some of the unique wrappers people were busy with. Enjoy & remember to keep a look out for any limited edition or rare packaging this month in the shops, especially for something sweet!

















No comments:

Post a Comment